Monday, October 20, 2008

What Fun! - I Joined a Play Group

Today, I made some new friends. My people signed me up for a play group. I heard them discussing it before hand. They said that I was not getting enough exercise and did not have enough opportunity to interact with other dogs. The group leader, whose name is Larry, came over to our house first, to meet me. I liked him right away. He took me in his van to pick up the other dogs. I got to stay in the front section, which has a barricade so I can see and sniff the other dogs as they got in, but so I wouldn't be overwhelmed in case one of them got pushy. My people went ahead to the tract of wooded land where the play group runs. I didn't find out until later that they were there to check out how I was doing. As soon as they saw that I was getting along well, they drove away. Larry kept me on a leash, to make sure I stayed with him. He says that I'll be able to go off-leash, like the others, once I get the hang of things. I think it is going to be a lot of fun.

(Pictures are from the "The Sandwich Dog"--http://www/thesandwichdog.com)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oooh, that looks like so much fun!

Aren't labs the best play mates?

Woof!

Smell ya later,

Indy

LucyS said...

Oh yes. There is nothing a lab would like better than a chance to play!

My Favorite Facebook Page! I am SUCH a Fan (I'm also their mascot!)

JustAnswer.com

I try not to discriminate against a species that is "less fortunate" than mine.