Friday, February 15, 2008

Virginia visits Virginia

It does seem like a good thing to be visiting the state after which I was named. My humans and I arrived in Staunton, VA, last night, after a rather boring trip, during which I spent the entire time in my travel crate. We did stop and walk around a few times, but, all in all, it was quite dull. We are here to visit my main human's mother, who is 89 years old. I have to be careful around her, because I don't want to knock her over. She is not very big. We went for a walk this afternoon and I got to do one of my favorite things, which is to show my human how to get back home. We walked about 10 blocks and made at least 5 different turns. I'm sure that this human cannot smell well enough to have found the way back. Anyway, at the end of the walk, I was told, "Let's go home," and I went into work-mode. These tasks are so easy that a puppy could do them, but my humans need me, so I pretend that it is difficult, just so they don't feel inadequate. All I have to do is to put my nose up and sniff the breeze and it's a piece of cake. It's a little harder if the wind is at our backs, but that doesn't mean I can't do it. I just have to be more careful and check a few scent pockets around bushes and walls. Anyway, we were home in no time. My human always acts so proud of me when I do this. It's worth it to pretend that I have to work at it!

HERE ARE SOME
PICTURES OF DOGS
USING THEIR NOSE TO
SHOW HUMANS WHERE
SOMETHING IS.
Photo credits:
Left = from westjerseyk9.org;
Right = southjordancity.org/publicsafety

No comments:

My Favorite Facebook Page! I am SUCH a Fan (I'm also their mascot!)

JustAnswer.com

I try not to discriminate against a species that is "less fortunate" than mine.